Monday, April 29, 2013

LET THEM EAT CAKE

Crumb Cake that is.  Crumb Cake and Baja Breeze, two of my favourite colours.  I've always been attracted to cards made with this combination, add a bit of brown and a few birds even better.


On these tags I started out by smearing Crumb Cake on my craft mat which I then sprayed with a good amount of water.  Mop it up a la Tim Holtz Distress Ink style and dry in between with your heat gun.  Add as much or little of the colour as you like but leave some bits blank so you can sponge the next colour.  Add the Baja Breeze and start with a light hand, you can always add more colour if it looks a bit pale. 

I've used some randoms for the words as I don't have any SU ones than make any impact, mmm maybe that's something they can look in the future.  Stamps can be used in full ink or the stamp off method for a paler print and a combination of both looks good.  I always have a scrap piece to do a test stamp first, it's better than messing up a good tag and somtimes the scrap piece ends up looking pretty good too.  Other colours I've used are Basic Grey and Soft Suede. 

This is how my tags start out.  I created the one on the left first  with Baja Breeze then used the piece on the right to mop up.  I didn't realize there was another colour on the craft mat but that's ok, why waste it!




I was using my Stamp-it set when I remembered I had yet to christen  Established Elegance.  Stamp images are white embossed and I've also added Marina Mist and Perfect Plum to the mix.  I was a bit heavy handed with the Perfect Plum but never mind I can always cover that up with an embellishment later.

I do have a thing for Paris and dressmaker's mannequins and I was lucky to find this one in Melbourne last year.



Didn't realize at the time she was a bit grubby but so would you be if you'd been around as long as she - I wonder what stories she could tell?










No comments: