Wednesday, July 13, 2016

GLOBAL DESIGN PROJECT #044

CASE the designer.  This week we CASE the very talented Steffi Helmschrott. 
I wanted to take my inspiration from Steffi's use of metallic.  Instead of gold I am going to use copper which is so on trend in the home design field, which always has a flow on effect to other areas of the design world.  I know most of the products I have used on my card are retired but I really like this thank you stamp from A Whole Lot of Lovely.  I've decided to enter my card in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge as this Blended Bloom flower fits in with the Flora and Fauna theme.

 
I always tend to use pinks and blues for water coloured backgrounds and this time I decided to use brown earthy colours to tone in with the copper embossing powder.  I love the way the pigments used in creating some of the darker ink colours separate when creating a water coloured background.  It's not that easy to photograph but if you look really hard you can see it in the top right hand corner, there is a slight green tinge and I've found when using Always Artichoke there is a rusty brown pigment that appears during this process.  It's interesting just how much we normally gravitate towards our favourite colours and how sometimes going out of our comfort zone makes us feel quite unsure about our choices. 
 
This card is dark and moody with a touch of copper and gold thread.  I'm really pleased with how it turned out and because I had lots of ink left on my silicone mat, I created another which incorporates one of the butterfly dies from the Butterflies Thinlits and of course more copper embossing powder and gold thread.
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Michelle Last said...

I love both your cards Veronica, and the copper embossing is just lovely. Thanks for joining us this week x

Catherine said...

Both of your cards are lovely, Veronica! I really like the embossed sentiment and backgrounds on each. Great job! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Cathie ♥

Louise Sharp said...

Hi Veronica, both of your cards are stunning. I love how you have used the browns and really highlighted the copper. Just gorgeous.
Thanks for playing along to the GDP again this week. xo

Kylie Bertucci said...

"Dark and moody" I love that statement! Your cards do reflect that. Well done!! Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge xx