Sunday, July 17, 2016

PAPER PLAYERS #303

Here are more details about my card, just in case you're interested.


I hate wasting stuff and always like to re-purpose.  This habit has been compounded over the years by my husband who like me is at the tail end of the baby boomer generation and so we have our parents to thank for our thriftfullness.  (I think I just invented a word.)

So, the other day I was giving my daughter a demonstration on generation stamping and not wanting to waste a good piece of Whisper White I decided to bring the piece of cardstock home and considered myself challenged to make it into a card. 

I had seen a card online using texture paste and this spawned the idea of using the Detailed Floral Thinlits die as a stencil.  (My card isn't CASE'd by the way otherwise I'd be giving credit.)

You can see that the stems of the plant sprig go all the way into the bottom l/h corner of the card and although the texture paste is thick the stamping still shows through, but I think this adds to the overall effect of the card.

Techniques include wrinkle free distress, stamping, texture paste, sponging and stamping and of course you can see the edges of the card front panel are also distressed.  If you want to know more then leave a comment.  I'm more than happy to elaborate.

No comments: