Monday, May 20, 2013

SPARROW AND JACK INTERIORS

Yay, Chalk Paint - Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint to be exact.  After doing the workshop yesterday with Catherine at Sparrow and Jack.  My mind is scrabbling madly thinking about all the items I would like to paint.  I do however have my first victim to practise and play with. 

Enter the white mellamine bedside drawers costing a whole total of $30 at the op shop.  (I couldn't wait for a freebie to turn up on the verge)  Not sure how they will turn out, probably wasting good quality paint on trashy drawers, but the style is quite cute.



The paint samples on the top are courtesy of Bunnings but I'm using the Annie Sloan colour called Provence and hopefully looking at this colour will transport me away to the countryside in France, Provence to be exact.

As I don't want to wait for my paint to dry in this cool weather, I've only applied a very light coat and will add a thicker coat later - also I don't know how the mellamine will take the paint. 

(have been using the hairdryer but that's too much like waiting for paint to dry - hehe.  May resort to the fan heater in the bathroom :)


So far - it's not looking too bad.  The top is customwood and I may be able to sand back the edges lightly to expose a slightly woody colour which will help achieve the distressed look.  The legs are plastic so unfortunatley no distressing happening there. 

At the end of the day, it will make a nice little bedside cabinet for the spare bedroom and I'm sure it will look lovely next to my little radio chair.

Another before and after project using Provence paint.




New paint colour and the start of dark wax application.  As you can see, this little wooden tray has lots of lovely grooves for the waxy goodness to hide in.

No comments: