Thursday, May 23, 2013

TRUNK JUNK

Guess who's been kerb diving? 

Yes me, (slightly ashamed) but I couldn't help myself.  I drove past this little beauty on my way to my mum's and when I came home it was still there.  I had to do some tricky driving, u-turns, negotiate driveways on roundabouts and busy traffic but I have to say it was worth it. 

Here is what I scored.


This little beauty has seen time in New Zealand, India and Australia so is a well travelled trunk.  It is a little battered and rusty but nothing that can't be fixed with a couple of coats of Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint.  Mmmmm, what colour shall I choose, I'm like a kid in a lollie shop as I decide. 

I thought they would find it useful so I tried offering it to my newly married son and daughter-in-law but they don't have room.  My daughter and her fiance are building a new house so maybe it will find a home there.

I bet they will both be after it when I have finished the makeover, some people just cant see the beauty in things.  I'm thinking French Linen and Graphite.  The fiance likes Napoleonic Blue and I love Emperor's Silk, I have been a red girl from way back.

I like the colours on this trunk and will use if for inspiration.  My trunk doesn't have the neat ribbing patterns like this one so I'll have to create some patterns of my own with paint.



Maybe I'll use the  New York taxi for my inspiration and paint my trunk Arles and Graphite - Laura and Mark love New York, they got engaged there.



No comments: