Sunday, May 29, 2016

GLOBAL DESIGN PROJECT #037

Tip Top Taupe, Mint Macaron and Island Indigo.


I have to say Island Indigo hasn't been one of my favourite colours but this week's colour challenge on the Global Design Project may just have changed my mind.  I'm really loving all the cards on the blog this week but I have to say Island Indigo shows up a lot more blue in some of the photos than in real life.


I wanted to keep my card quite soft in colour so used a narrow vertical panel of Island Indigo mounted on Mint Macaron and Tip Top Taupe.  I created my muted background by lightly sponging Mint Macaron and Tip Top Taupe on a panel of vellum.


I'm glad the Made with Love set has carried over into the new Annual Catalogue because the little dear in that set is just so cute!  And I think he looks perfect on my card with his Island Indigo bow and touch of Stella.  Balloon Framelits is also still current and I can see I'll be getting a lot more use from this set in future.


A perfect card for greeting that new baby girl or boy.





2 comments:

Paula Dobson said...

Your vellum panel is the star for me! I love sponging of any kind, but it looks so soft and dreamy on the vellum. Great card! Thanks for playing at Global Design Project with us this week.

Teneale Williams said...

Great card, I love the image inside a balloon. Thank you for playing at Global Design Project with us this week.